The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) will support vulnerable businesses and eligible not-for-profit organizations that are impacted by the economic disruption associated with the COVID-19 pandemic across the regions of Canada. Applicants are eligible to receive up to 100 percent of total eligible bridge support costs, covering up to a six (6) month period.
The RRRF will provide unconditionally repayable and conditionally repayable contributions to eligible small and medium-sized enterprises, up to a maximum of $250,000 for a six month period. Support to eligible not-for-profit organizations will be non-repayable.
It is highly recommended that you read this Applicant Guide before submitting an application form. Please pay particular attention to the eligibility criteria to determine if you can apply. Applicants are encouraged to address all submission requirements and ensure that the application submitted contains sufficient detail to enable a thorough review and assessment. Submitting an incomplete application may result in the delay of assessment and/or rejection of an application.
Funding decisions will take into account the minimum amount required to carry out the project, proof that applicants were profitable prior to the COVID-19 outbreak and the severity of impacts.
All applications will be evaluated on their ability to achieve the Fund’s objectives and on their relative strengths in the following areas:
- Applicant has confirmed and attested that it does not qualify for, has been rejected from or has not accessed other Government of Canada COVID-19 relief supports or that it can demonstrate the need for incremental support if funding was received from other programs;
- Demonstrated need;
- Priority Sector Alignment:
- Health and Life Sciences (Private Sector only, excluding professional services)
- Mining Supply and Services
- Information and Communication Technology
- Not-for-Profit Sector: Chambers of Commerce
- Not-for-Profit Sector: Industry or Sector Association
- Not-for-Profit Sector: Tourism organizations
- Other sector or applicant of significant importance to a community, region or supply chain.
- Positive financial position pre-pandemic and viability post-recovery;
- Degree of COVID-19 impacts;
- Job maintenance impacts;
- Equity and Diversity; and,
- Regional and/or Community context.
If you would like more information on this funding opportunity please visit: